Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Mars and Venus Chardonnay


Name: Mars and Venus Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
RegionCentral Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95
Critic Review: A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple.  Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping.
My Review: I smelled a slight buttery smell but after tasting it, I just tasted a tartness. I did not taste the apples or crispness over this overwhelming tartness I could not stop tasting. This is not a wine I could see myself enjoying anytime soon.
No food was eaten with this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment