Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Sauvignon Blanc



Name: Maipe Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Cuyo
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
Critic Review: Yellow Color with green hints. Expressive wine, fresh, very aromatic. This Sauvignon Blanc displays grapefruit flavors, with hints of melon and honey. It finishes with braceing acidity and fresh mouth feels that make it a terrific aperitif and an excellent accompaniment to virtually all seafood, especially shellfish.
•My Review: I felt that this wine was a drier white, not too sweet which is why I think that the critic said it would pair well with seafood. I did not taste the melon or the honey, but I did taste the grapefruit. Overall I found this wine a great balance of acidity and perfect amount of dryness.
There was no food eaten with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment