Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wine Experiences of my Past

In the past, I have tried a variety of wine. Most of the wines I have tried have been red, mostly due to the fact that my family tends to only drink red wines. At first, I was not a huge fan of wine mostly due to the fact that I had not had much alcohol before that, but the first wine I grew to like was Merlot. I tried many different Merlots but didn't branch out on any other types of wine.

 Eventually, I decided to try other types of wine and first tried Cabernet Savignon and I really enjoyed this type as well. After having a success with another type of wine, I tried a few other reds including Granache, Shiraz, and Pinot Noir. Some were hits while others were definitely not for me and after noticing this I started to look at the labels to see what flavors the description included. After doing this I found that I was drawn to flavors similar to cherry flavors and I did not usually like wines that had "musky" to describe it.

After discovering this I was much more open to try new wines and went on my first tasting. After tasting a whole new variety of wines, including white wines, I found I did not enjoy wines that are too sweet such as dessert wines or sweet white wines. After finding this out I have been trying a large variety of wines with descriptions I am familiar with. After this course, I hope to be able to be more familiar with what a wine should taste like before even reading the description.

No comments:

Post a Comment