Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Finca del Castillo Tempranillo




Name: Finca del Castillo
Tempranillo 
Variety: 100% Temperanillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $4.95
Critic Review: Rooty, spicy and baked on the nose, with aromas that lean towards
raisin. The palate is more gritty and acidic, with raisin, cola, and spice flavors. Darkens up on the finish, which is long and peppery,with adequate juiciness and a final note of tomato.
My Review: This wine smelled spicy and tasted acidic. I also seemed to notice that it was a little sour tasting to me. I did not note any raisin or cola tastes, but I could see how tomato would have been used to describe the acidity. I really did not prefer the sour like taste so I probably would not drink this wine again. 
No food was eaten with this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment